Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day 07 - Attack of the Monophase

Well, hm, yes. I went to sleep. For a long time. It was as they say, an Epic Fail. For various reasons my Day 7 naps hadn't been as consistent or solid as normal - which made me a bit tired, but that was fine, I just kept going and didn't feel too bad. 10pm and 2pm worked pretty well. Then, feeling quite tired around 4:30am I decided to take a nap. And forgot to set my alarm. Woke at 11:30am. Not good. Okay, it's not the end of the world though - it's actually a chance to experiment with something that Steve and I had discussed earlier: whether Polyphasic and Monophasic can be mixed for a more flexible schedule. I'd be inclined to think that they can't, but I'm about to find out. So while there's no excuse for my slip up, it may be useful in the end. Was also informed that earlier in the night I was doing a bit of offscheduled dozing - and when questioned about it at the time I defended myself emphatically, saying that I was actually taking a proper nap. I remember none of this. I can only conclude that there is a rather annoyed (and increasingly crafty) Monophasic buried in my subconcious. It's pretty safe to say that he's in collusion with Enemy of the State #1: The Overcomfy Couch of Doom. They are both seductive and unscrupulous in the extreme, catching both the unwary and the confident unawares.

One thing I noticed about the massive oversleep was how much I had adjusted already to having those extra hours in the day - I had a bunch things I needed to do and had planned to do most of them between 5 and whenever. Had to rush to get it all done. Ah well. Better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment