Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 06 - Finally Useful

Had a good day, high energy levels throughout. I haven't achieved the "super-alert" state that some have said the Uberman regime brings on, but I'm certainly feeling as good as I would normally. Work hasn't been a problem. Had a Coke at work (without thinking) and wasn't adversely affected, though I'm still cautious with caffeine and have so far avoided coffee. Tea seems okay.

During the night I finally had the energy and the willpower to do more than just try to stay awake or blob on the couch. Very encouraging. Played a game of chess, read for a bit, then did sparring and weights training. It's been a long time since I've done any boxing - every time I forget how hard it is... Highly effective cardio workout though, and a good way to warm up for weights. Some people have wondered if muscles have enough time to recover on a polyphasic sleep cycle - it's a bit early for me to say really, but Steve has done some long runs since starting Uberman and each time he recovered just fine. It's certainly not something that I think merits worrying about.

I'm pretty happy with where I am currently in the experiment - though I'm not fooling myself that hard times are over, and I don't know just how much I can push the schedule (as I will have to do from time to time) before it becomes ineffective. Wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment